[lbo-talk] the skinny on Greece

RE earnest at tallynet.com
Thu Jun 9 04:56:23 PDT 2011

According to today's NYTimes, Varoufakis' proposal appears to be getting some consideration http://preview.tinyurl.com/3kbsa4z

""When you are insolvent, you do not solve things with new loans," said Mr. Varoufakis, who this week wrote an open letter to Mr. Papandreou urging him to reject the onerous terms of the second bailout. "I want George to look into the camera and tell the German taxpayer: 'I cannot in good conscience take any more of your money because if I do so, this money will just go to the bankers who will only hoard it.'

Doug wrote:

> I've had Yanis on the radio a bunch of times, and his blog is
> very good: http://yanisvaroufakis.eu.

And I referred Yanis to Doug for a radio interview.

In turn, David Laibman introduced me to Yanis and Danae a few years ago, over a meal in Manhattan's Chinatown.