[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] Todd Gitlin: the most pompous ass ever?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:53:01 PDT 2011

Robert: "Gitlin may be a pompous ass, but the underlying point is still basically right. When pompous asses come around to seeing that 2+2=4, it's still four. It's important not to be provoked by the arrival of the pompous asses on the scene into arguing that 2+2 is anything but four."

[WS:] I second it. A good number, if not the majority of intellectuals can be characterized as "pompous asses" of one sort or another - by which I mean showing off how smarter and more erudite than others they are. It is annoying, but not unusual. It is an occupational disease.

Wojtek