[lbo-talk] Todd Gitlin: the most pompous ass ever?

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Jun 9 14:01:17 PDT 2011

On Jun 9, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Dissenting Wren wrote:
> I don't know what we disagree about either! I just picked up on a line that said "Wren might disagree…”

I see the problem… in my witty repartee :-) against Angelus Novus’s jeremiad that I worship at the alter of bolt und baranek (or summit like that), I made mention of that strange but prescribed text (prescribed to Indian schoolchildren) of English grammar, Wren & Martin (http://l.ravi.be/iwD0RN). Which no doubt caught your attention, albeit giving the wrong impression.

BTW, much respect to you on the civil disobedience. I am always in awe of those of you who have actually done something (or tried to do something) based on your politics.

—ravi (way over quota; sorry!)