[lbo-talk] She is one ugly cunt....

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Jun 10 17:55:01 PDT 2011

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2011/06/michelle-rhee-california-pac.html

Joanna

----------------

``Michelle Rhee has taken her first steps onto California's political playing field, establishing a committee to make campaign contributions and hiring a lobbyist.''

Here is the antidote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/what-michelle-rhee-has-been-up-to/2011/06/07/AGh95HLH_blog.html

``What Michelle Rhee has been up to By Valerie Strauss

While investigators in the District are trying to determine how much cheating there was on standardized tests while Michelle Rhee ran the city's public school system (and there are reasons to worry it was widespread), the former chancellor has been busy joining with Republican governors to strip teachers of their collective bargaining rights...''

I'd suggest reading this Post report because it has a state by state list of states Rhee has been working in to gut public education and turn them into privatized corporate houses of punishment. Here's just one example from Wisconsin:

``WISCONSIN

Republican Gov. Scott Walker, you will remember, pushed a budget that cut state worker pay, eliminated collective bargaining rights for public employees, and contained other measures to weaken unions. Massive protests followed. Rhee went on Fox News to support the plan to limit bargaining rights for teachers. Take a look at the video here.

And here's another video of Rhee, on a local news channel, talking about why it is important that teachers not have some collective bargaining rights...''

Here is hoping a gut hate reaction takes place here. I had one the first time I saw her on tv in some PBS Frontline documentary on DC schools.

I haven't been following California news at all so I rely on others. At a guess I suspect she is not prepared for thousands of mostly latino crowds to jam the streets, once they get a load of Ms Rehee on their local tv news.

I hope she gets extended coverage because the more you listen and watch her, the more you hate her. She has that Dick Cheney special knack.

Here's a story about Cal redistricting and its effects on the political scene here:

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2011/06/will-new-congressional-districts-squeeze-out-california-republicans.html

Briefly, it could easily mean fewer Republican seats and amplify their slowly decling political strength. The importance is that (I am guessing and could be wrong) latino communities around the state tend to more liberal and more likely to react politically. I suspect they are much more likely to follow news on public education and will definitely track what their local representatives do on education and immigration.

I am trying to find the good side to Rhee's arrival in California.