[lbo-talk] She is one ugly cunt....

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Sat Jun 11 00:16:54 PDT 2011

We should note that not everyone here is an underwear model. When we call someone an "ugly cunt", I think some females in our audience who consider themselves ugly will feel self-conscious, a tiny bit more hesitant to engage with others lest they be humiliated for cosmetic reasons.

Same with fat jokes. Maybe many such people take it in stride, and in fact crack such jokes themselves; but I'm sure a significant number feel nonplussed about being in a position where they're expected to laugh along... at themselves.

Maybe it takes more work to find a good shocking insult, while still being concerned about solidarity; but given how much people here talk about Shakespeare, I'm sure that they have many resources at their disposal to verbally slice someone apart in a hundred different ways. ;)

All the best,

Tj