[lbo-talk] She is one ugly cunt....

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Jun 12 13:51:01 PDT 2011

At 04:23 PM 6/12/2011, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Jun 12, 2011, at 4:10 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:
>
> > loser = someone who has given up on politics. He certainly is being
> rhetorically sly by drawing on the rhetorical power of the word, but I'm
> gonna guess that it's his point. Rhee's politics, policies, actions could
> have been called ugly using the same rhetorical tactic.
>
>I wouldn't have used the word, as obscene as I often am, because it could
>be a distraction. But it was a bit of invective among virtual friends, not
>a piece of considered argument. But it came from a place of considered
>argument.
>
>People do love being righteous.

I do like letting people know my criticisms of their words and behavior so, hopefully, they'll see how to make a better argument and also see how they can, unwittingly, be hurtful to other people. Thankfully, people have done me that same favor - and often. I would have learned jack shit on this list had they not thought enough about me to bother criticizing me.

Righteously <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx1ffuDoy6I>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx1ffuDoy6I ,

shag