[lbo-talk] She is one ugly cunt....

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Jun 12 18:38:30 PDT 2011

The first question asked by an actor preparing a role is, "What does this character want?" It often turns out to be a surprisingly difficult question to answer (and the better the play, the harder the question. What does Hamlet want? No, probably not.)

Transferred to real life, the question is qualitatively more difficult, as the shrinks tell us. Some of what we think & write about has to do with how the Susan Hs got to where they are.