[lbo-talk] Articulate and inarticulate rage...

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Jun 13 10:03:25 PDT 2011

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 04:58:49 +0000 (UTC) 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> People do earn their faces as it were. One of the most striking
> things about "Inside Job" was how revolting Paulson, Bernanke,
> Summers and all their underlings looked.

My hero in this as in many other ways is John Milton, who didn't scruple to indulge in the coarsest possible ad-hominem abuse, not seldom descending to obscene puns -- following, of course, the example of Classical rhetoric. The Defensio and Defensio Secunda are particularly full of it.

He was, of course, a "loser", if the Restoration meant anything.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com