[lbo-talk] Weiner unhid!

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Jun 13 12:50:59 PDT 2011

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:33:26 -0400 SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I mean, after a while isn't all the steam blown?

Naaah, it seems to be an inexhaustible resource. Geothermal in origin perhaps.

But to lapse into uncharacteristic seriousness for just a moment....

I really do think that any attachment to the Democratic Party on the part of Lefties is quite damaging and destructive. There may not be much one can do about it, but to the extent that a bit of ridicule and mockery might help reclaim some poor soul, wandering off into the Great Grimpen Mire of the Democratic Party after the ignis-fatuus of a "progressive" American empire, one feels obliged to do what little one can.

To paraphrase the old Evangelical hymn --

Brightly beams the old Moor's wisdom from his lighthouse

evermore, But to us he gives the keeping of the lights along

the shore. Let the lower lights be burning! Send a gleam across

the wave! Some poor struggling, sinking seaman you may rescue,

you may save!

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com