[lbo-talk] National Review "concerned" about high unemployment rate ?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:46:00 PDT 2011

Boehner may oppose funding for bombing Libya. Along with the right-wing National Review's "concern" about high unemployment (crocodile tears ?), these may be negations of negations, the snake biting its tail, right wingers carrying out left wing tasks: trouble for imperialism.

CB

June 10, 2011 12:00 A.M. An Unemployment Catastrophe For long-termers, it’s worse than in the Great Depression.

Pres. Barack Obama is given to cute vehicular metaphors about the state of the economy. We were “in a ditch,” then got out and hit a “bump in the road.” This is studiously folksy. It also vastly understates the nature of our situation.

President Obama is presiding over an unspooling social catastrophe in the form of unemployment, and especially long-term unemployment. For all those people who are chronically unemployed, it’s as if they have been hit by the proverbial car and then backed over by it again and again.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/269296/unemployment-catastrophe-rich-lowry