[lbo-talk] Weiner unhid!

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:02:38 PDT 2011

CB: "government's role is to "let them alone" - laissez faire, the classical liberal slogan."

[WS:] But laissez faire is a conscious policy choice, one of many possible - not some pre-established systemic harmony that philosophers like to talk about. The fact that the USG chose this policy over others means nothing more that it simply responded to the alignment of political forces. Was it FDR who said you convinced me about your policy, now make me do it?

Or to paraphrase one Margaret Thatcher - there is no such thing as capitalism, only the money grubbers and their politicians.

Wojtek