[lbo-talk] Politics vs the DP

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:16:18 PDT 2011

Eric Beck wrote:

> Carrol is fond of talking about Wisconsin and how it has opened new
> possibilities, which I agree with. But part of what made Wisconsin
> "Wisconsin" was the role that Democratic legislators played in the
> events, particularly their fleeing the state and disrupting the
> legislative process, which helped create the space that allowed the
> protest movement to flourish, to become creative.

But hasn't that movement now largely devolved into electioneering for Dems?

Doug

^^^^^ CB: If so, these activists in their activistism are more politically mature than those following Carrol's line here, because occupying the Capitol building will only transfer to repealing the anti-labor law through electioneering for Democrats.