[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1603, Issue 6 (Politics in the DP)

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 06:16:16 PDT 2011

Doug: "Though they haven't won, they've changed the discourse - from Debs to Perot."

[WS:] The only raison d'etre of political parties is to get elected, not to change the discourse. Changing the discourse is the job of social movements.

And the US electoral system provides no room for any third party.

Lefties are wasting their time bitching about the DP. If they want political representation they should push for a different electoral system - one that allows election of minority parties.

Wojtek