[lbo-talk] I need more white shirts, but I despise the concept of fashion

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:42:43 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/2011/06/06/AGh2i5XH_print.html
>
> “I need more white shirts,” Seager says. “I just so despise the
> concept of fashion.” Worrying about clothing is, at best, “one of the
> least-interesting human pursuits” and, at worst, “embarrassingly
> pathetic,” Seager says.

I'm much more into this these days:

"We define our Dandyism, in essence, as simply making as much of an effort as possible with the limited resources available. An effort in sartorial flair and individuality, an effort in civility, social responsibility and courtesy, and an effort in communal culture, welfare and hedonism. Our definition of Dandyism will most certainly conflict with the pompous elitists’ definition of Dandyism. Of course, we embrace and encourage popinjays, peacocks and coxcombs but we shall dispense with the conceitedness associated with such terms in favour of community and kindness." <http://workerdandy.blogspot.com/p/manifesto.html>

> Lo! It's an anarchist dog walking collective, the members of which
> need to take themselves far less seriously. So dour!

No shit. Lately I'm amazed at the number and type of people who don't get the difference between working and owning, who think making a living makes you a capitalist. Fuck.