[lbo-talk] fucking hopelessness

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 20:43:39 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:13 PM, martin schiller

> Just curious. Is it despair or 'fucking hopeless'ness that prompts
> you to feel that way often?

It's just being aware of the awful violence of neoliberalism, the slashing and burning of public services, education, universities, the whole edifice of middle class existence, and that all this is happening with such little overt political resistance.

> How does the antidote work and/or how do you employ it?

In moderation. It's amazing how fast an especially creative LittleBigPlanet level can restore one's faith in humanity. I'm also trying to produce more media of my own these days. Seems to help.

-- DRR