[lbo-talk] The Capitalist Mode of Power: Past, Present, Future

Dissenting Wren dissentingwren at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 15:40:52 PDT 2011

Perhaps it was an off night.  I participated in a graduated workshop with him back in the early nineties and no one had a problem hearing what he had to say.  I also found him easier to understand in person than in his very recherché (but nonetheless important) writings on regulation school state theory.

________________________________ From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:15 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The Capitalist Mode of Power: Past, Present, Future

On 6/19/2011 3:46 PM, Sandy Hager wrote:

> *Keynote Speaker: Bob Jessop, Lancaster University*

Warnaing: I attended a panel some years ago on which he appeared. I doubt that a single person in the audience heard a single word he had to say. He virtually whispered. And it was a panel in which all the other speakers spoke more clearly and intelligibly than is the norm on such panels.

Carrol