[lbo-talk] Joseph Massad on US neoliberalism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 21 20:57:45 PDT 2011

I would assume the same is true of Libya & Iran. It is an amazingly simple, and even more amazingly accurate, method of judging foreign movements and states: what the U.S. supports, we oppose; what the U.S. opposes, we support. (US & EU are interchangeable for this purpose. There has snot been a single instance, since 1945, in which this crude method did not provide the correct assessment of world situations.

It even works when the assumed grounds for the judgment are false. That is, there are many grounds for questioning the Monthly Review analysis on many occasions. Their attempts to locate a direct economic motive for the war on the Vietnamese people were almost risible; their judgment of the war was clearly accurate.

Carrol