[lbo-talk] The global economy fails and then what?

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Wed Jun 22 20:30:34 PDT 2011

The bright side of that other thread, Math fun with fear and Fukushima...

The following is an example of what a kt exponent means. If the world population is 6.775 billion people, it takes 40-41 interations of the following. I convince one person we should revolt (R1). That one person and I convince two people to revolt (R2). Four of us each convince one person to revolt for eight people (R3). At the fortieth and forty-first round (R40-1) we have 4 - 8 billion in revolt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wheat_Chessboard_with_line.svg

In the sequence I only need to convince forty people maybe forty-one to revolt. If I could do that, I could cause a revolution in much less than forty people.

Thankfully AJE does the convincing. This Egypt and Arab stuff is infectous like a flu.

There is a similar development over the so-called Greek debt crisis. First, it's not a problem with Greece. It's a problem of greek elites. The top 20% pay no taxes. In order to support a barely reasonable welfare state the greek government borrowed instead of tax the rich. They borrowed from French and German banks, and of course Goldman Sachs. If the greeks default, these banks will loose their asses. So to protect the rich, the IMF proscribes austerity, making the greek public pay, and they pay with the IMF loan installment only the interest on the loans, saving the banks from large losses. But this is only temporary, because it will happen again and again.

This is outrageous bullshit. Will the Parthenon become a Disney Theme Park? The thousands of small greek islands will become the exclusive estates of the urber rich. Much of the US, EU, and Middle East is in flames for only one reason. The filthy rich don't want to their pay taxes. They are willing to destory millions of peoples lives to escape their rightful share.

This austerity crap is the BIG LIE. Figure out a fast and dirty rhetoric that blows the big lie away.

The IMF is a protection racket. To hell with the IMF. Default, and walk away. As far as I can tell, every country that came to this conclusion is now better off. If the global economy fails, well so what?

CG