[lbo-talk] RFC: Taxes, Deficits and Entitlements

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue Jun 28 15:02:54 PDT 2011

On Jun 24, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
> Ravi wrote:
>
>> If you get a second, I would appreciate any feedback: <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20110620/http://l.ravi.be/itSuhn.>http://l.ravi.be/itSuhn.
>
> It looks great. Clean and simple to follow.

Thank you, Dennis.

> One question. Wouldn't the 33% "other" in Fed discretionary spending include substantial spending that is really for defense but is listed under agencies outside the defense department?

Yes, taking those into consideration seems to bump the military spending up to 58%. I added that bit of info along with other explanatory bits, and created a web page presentation:

http://l.ravi.be/kTz6uN

Would appreciate any further comments (from all of you) both on the information and the presentation. In particular, if anyone has easy access to Internet Explorer 7 (or 8 or 9 or 10), can you let me know if this loads properly for you? (you will have to guess what properly is :-), or try it out first in Firefox, Safari or Chrome).

thank you,

—ravi