[lbo-talk] NeighborWorks America homeowner assistance program

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Jun 30 08:42:22 PDT 2011

http://www.smartmoney.com/spend/real-estate/more-money-for-struggling-homeowners-1309312646029/?link=SM_hp_ls1e

Thoughts on this type of assistance program? Yes it keeps prices artificially inflated and pays bankers but if the alternative is another family kicked out of their house....is it that bad?

I've seen suggested blocking foreclosures and allowing people to pay market rent and stay in their houses, so this might not be as good as that.

IIRC Jordan suggested something a while back for relieving underwater homeowners and this article sounded like it...correct me if I am wrong.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim/google/MSN/yahoo: beyondzero123