[lbo-talk] anti-Zionism: pons asinorum

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:59:54 PDT 2011

On 6/30/2011 10:38 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> I think you misunderstand the nature of political struggle and its outcomes.
> One usually comes to understand the problematic nature of a system as a
> whole by first challenging specific manifestations of it. Struggle
> itself radicalizes, at least under ideal circumstances. And to target the
> current regime occupying Palestine without comprehensively opposing
> imperialism as a whole is no more racist than going on strike before
> becoming a committed anti-capitalist.

These are tricky questions, but I don't think this is a precise analogy. It seems to me a better analogy might be a scenario in which workers start by striking against the particular abuses of Jewish capitalists, then become radicalized to the point of calling for the total expropriation of *Jewish* capitalists, but have "not yet" evolved to the point of calling for general expropriation. This would be troubling to say the least.

SA