[lbo-talk] fb to share addresses and phones

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Mar 2 18:47:00 PST 2011

At 01:27 PM 3/2/2011, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>Why you would put your address and phone number into FB in the first place
>is beyond comprehension. Facebook is an *online* tool ... it *replaces*
>your phone number and physical address.
>
>(for 15 years now, my business card has only an email address; why give
>someone your phone number or mailing address if you're uninterested in
>those kinds of contacts?)
>
>/jordan

Because, if you belong to organizing groups and you have a fancy phone, voila!, I hook my address book to fb and instantly know their address, phone number, IM, etc. very nice.

I can't tell you how many times I've used this feature. Zuckerberg wants facebook to be a utility - in the phone company sense of the term. he also wants it to be a platform. It becomes so necessary to your life and an avenue to everything outside facebook, no one can live without it. If you are part of any political, cultural, social organizing FB *is* precisely that: utility/platform.

shag