[lbo-talk] Washington Hospital Center nurses launch 24-hour labor strike

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Mar 4 20:20:17 PST 2011

Joanna:

I guess this is the same principle as having the parent put on their oxygen mask first (when airplane becomes depressurized)...before they attend to the kids.

I think if you put it this way, it will make more sense to people.

=====

I specifically said that I was _not_ proposing the content for agitation. That is quite another matter.

And no, the principles are _not_ the same. The Airline principle involves an isolated individual in a particular situtionn.

The principle is the principle of solidarity. And I am not trying to make sense to people in general. I am trying to make strategic sense to those who are committed activists in the working-class struggle.

Carrol