[lbo-talk] Bob Fitch, RIP

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:26:53 PST 2011

I've been in contact with Fitch for the past year or so ... always sharp and encouraging, as recent as a few weeks ago we had a lively discussion and he sent me a draft, which was beyond generous of him.

My favorite exchange with him happened after he sent me over an email entitled: "Kant's Critique of Pure Cunnilingus" ... he was amused to see us ranting away about the insidious BHL in *The Activist. *And quite correctly pointed out that if, "BHL’s adventures with 3d world neo-Kantians are devastating if he’s a man of stature; but if he’s just a pompous journalist with an inflated style who gets over on French pseudo-intellectuals so what?"

And I suppose there's nothing wrong with that outlook. I'll keep it with me.

ps ~ some of his strongest work were in the last few issues of *New Politics * - http://newpol.org/node/178