[lbo-talk] An Orgy of Speculation?

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:52:05 PST 2011

As Matthias points out, during the recent period there has been no concentration and centralization (Panitch claims that there has been concentration without centralization). Also, there is a lot of research showing that capital benefits from periodic financial crisis.

So I don't think the risk aversion argument holds any water either.

Arrighi is a whole other discussion but I think it might bring something to this discussion if we could avoid the polemics surrounding his obvious third-worldism and general anti-historicism.

@ Woj: I think we are in near agreement on Brenner, but I don't see the novelty if you take out the functionalist part of the argument.

Brad