[lbo-talk] Left Forum

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:08:47 PST 2011

Hey LBO-sters --

A shameless personal plug -- I know lots of folks are going to be at the Left Forum, so anyone interested in the contemporary South Asian Left (read: the destiny of 1.1 billion people) is encouraged to check out the following:

Left Movements in Contemporary India-II Location: Pace University, Room E332 Time: ‎5:00PM Saturday, March 19th http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=159111397475940

(Full disclosure: my partner is one of the speakers. Wish I could be there, but we're on an ultra-tight budget. I won't reveal any spoilers, but to whet your appetite, some fascinating things are beginning to happen, and the story is as much cultural and mediatic as it is political -- I'll let her tell the rest.)

-- DRR