[lbo-talk] weak ties

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Mar 14 11:13:57 PDT 2011

On Mar 14, 2011, at 1:45 PM, brad wrote:

> Peter Fay wrote:
> In fact, is not ActBlue's Democratic Party the reason
> labor got into the mess in Wisconsin to begin with? Why add to the
> agony by
> contributing to the party and ideology which created the wars which
> drained
> the budget, and which helped destroy labor and throttled EFCA?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> I know how much we all like to pile on the Dems as the source of the
> problem, and for the most part I agree, but this is a bit much. With
> out Wisconsin Democrats there would never have been the right to
> collectively bargain in Wisconsin to begin with...

Workers' rights to collective bargaining are fundamental human rights (and US constitutional ones, under the First and Thirteenth Amendments). Not privileges to be "granted" by capitalist tools like Democrats. And collective bargaining "rights" without the right to strike (also a Thirteenth Amendment right) are nothing but a hollow pretense. But Dems and Repugs are totally, 100%, united behind the slave-labor laws denying public employees (in ancient Rome they were known as "public slaves") the right to strike.

Occupying a state capitol is lots of fun But only a strike gets anything done

Shane Mage The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)