[lbo-talk] Kudlow grateful for Japanese death toll

Mark Wain wtkh at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 14:49:15 PDT 2011

You are right. The over-accumulated capital of the world experiences what Ernest Mandel would have said a “system shock” of the disastrous war-like earthquake and tsunami cataclysms that will help the international monopoly capital recover and grow again.

One can be sure, however, it will be the working majority of the world including the Japanese workers and not the capital that will pay the price for the recovery. Austerity and higher taxes for the majority will become the norm of the fiscal policies of the world. And the rich and super-rich capitalists will be encouraged and allowed to deduct capital losses from income and business taxes while the majority will not.

After the ruling classes got back what they wanted from the majority, a next round of overproduction of product and over-accumulation of capital will take place as soon as the recovery reaches the peak. A further Great Stagnation is conceivable then.

Mark

Yes, some of the burden of surplus capital is removed.

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com