[lbo-talk] my Bob Fitch tribute

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 14:54:20 PDT 2011

I read "City of Quartz" (LA) and "Prisoners of the American Dream."

I thought they were both very good, though City of Quarts was the more poetic of the two.

"Victorian Holocausts" has been sitting on my shelf for years. Too scared to read it.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy" <andy274 at gmail.com>

Can anybody suggest a good Davis book to start with? His Victorian Holocausts gets an admiring summary in The Winds of Change -- about climate as a stressor to civilizations, an unusual shoutout to somebody so political in a popular science book -- but I'm more curious about Davis's work on urban life.