[lbo-talk] catastrophy

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:03:55 PDT 2011

Jordan: "The point of the paper is that nuclear should be *forgotten* because not only is it bad for all the reasons that we've known for two generations, it isn't even "better than coal" .

[WS:] The point of the paper was to propose a comprehensive approach to energy supply whose centerpiece was decentralization of energy production and reduction of use through greater efficiency. This was an argument about superiority of his approach to energy supply to the existing ones, not about superiority of coal vs nukes or vice versa. While I agree with his argument, I am also aware that many knowledgeable people do not.

What pisses me off about attitudes of some people on this list is that they do not know much about this subject beyond a hodge podge of popularizations and opinions, and yet not only do they act as if they knew everything but they also engage in stupid pissing contests and scold others for supposedly not knowing knowing what they do. In the future, I would appreciate if you stick to the merits (or lack thereof) of what is being posted and keep your opinions about what I know or read to yourself. Thank you.

Wojtek