[lbo-talk] Capitalism RE: catastrophe

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 20:12:14 PDT 2011

Exactly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA51wyl-9IE

Does this sound like's he's singing about choosing commodities?

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Claxton" <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>

At 06:05 PM 3/17/2011, Miles Jackson wrote:

>I know this is a commonly-held sentiment, but
>the more I think about it, the more I question
>this kind of valorization of freedom.

Don't question. Just sing.

Freedom by Richie Havens:

Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom

Sometimes I feel like a motherless child Sometimes I feel like a motherless child Sometimes I feel like a motherless child A long way from my home

Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom Freedom

Sometimes I feel like I’m almost gone Sometimes I feel like I’m almost gone Sometimes I feel like I’m almost gone A long, long, long, way, way from my home

Clap your hands Clap your hands Clap your hands Clap your hands Clap your hands Clap your hands Clap your hands Clap your hands Hey… yeah

I got a telephone in my bosom And I can call him up from my heart I got a telephone in my bosom And I can call him up from my heart

When I need my brother… brother When I need my mother… mother Hey… yeah… etc.