[lbo-talk] Nuclear plant chief weeps as Japanese finally admits radiation leak is serious enough to kill people

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 04:44:58 PDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 3:41 AM, Somebody Somebody <philos_case at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Fernando, considering that thousands of Japanese died from the tsunami and not, so far, from the partial meltdowns at Fukushima, and that everyone here seems agreed that nuclear plants should at least not be built where they might be affected by said tidal waves, does it make sense also to say that large population centers should also not be established along the Northeastern coast of Japan?

Interestingly enough, the closest anybody in this forum have come to suggesting that seems to be my boggling at putting critical and saltwater-vulnerable emergency equipment in the reach of what are apparently 50-year waves.

My own concern is how much we can rely the risk assessment from an institution that can allow a situation so apparently unbelievably stupid to stand for 40 years, is trying to sell the current wreck as a success story, and is unwilling to deal with any critique more sophisticated than "Radiation! Booga booga!"

-- Andy