[lbo-talk] Nuclear plant chief weeps as Japanese finally admits radiation leak is serious enough to kill people

Somebody Somebody philos_case at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 12:58:37 PDT 2011

Andy: You miss my point, which is if they've managed to neglect something as obvious as putting equipment out of the way of a tsunami, what else has been missed? It's not specific to tsunami zones.

Somebody: Sure, but clearly if there are widespread issues with safety then placing their equipment in an area at risk of tsunami makes it that much more dangerous. I'm just trying to understand how people feel about what level of population density and industry is even acceptable in places like Miyagi and Fukushima. If it's not safe for emergency equipment, it's not safe for people to live there either, right?