[lbo-talk] Taking GE to court over the Mark I reactor safety concerns and poor design?

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:00:08 PDT 2011

Does Price-Anderson apply to nuclear events that occur outside the US? It appears to cover damage that occurs outside the US from an incident that occurs within the US, but a interpretative section of the CFR states that the incident must occur within the US to evoke coverage under the statute. I guess we'll find out.

And a little online research reveals that the Nuclear liability issue was a matter of great debate in India last year with the enactment of the Nuclear Liability Bill, which caps damages for a nuclear accident at $333 million, and shifts financial responsibility to the Indian government.