[lbo-talk] Church Chomsky

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 03:33:53 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Nicholas Roberts <nicholas at themediasociety.org> wrote:
> although he is getting increasingly dire and pessimistic (along with the
> country and the world)

Isn´t that a characteristic of getting old, and seeing the same mistakes being repeated over and over?.

I feel like that sometimes, when I see the software world repeat the same mistakes... a new generation of programmers comes along with bright new ideas, but lack of understanding of why things were done in a certain way before -in other words, the lack of historical perspective-, so they repeat the same mistakes, in new ways.

It´s kinda hard to be optimistic when you see that... FC