[lbo-talk] Libya

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Mar 22 09:45:32 PDT 2011

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Shane Mage Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:16 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Libya

On Mar 22, 2011, at 12:06 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> Carrol: "Nothing, ever, is worse than the results of U.S. military
> action"
>
> [WS:] Not even this?
> http://www.rawa.org/women.php

Except that Taliban Afghanistan *is* the result of US military action from the 1970's onward.

======

I love it when Shane & I are in agreement. I haven't accessed the URL Wojtek gives, but I have no doubt that by the time the U.S. leaves Afghanistan/Pakistan (for it is attacking both) the results will be far worse than anything Wojtek is able to imagine.

The deaths go on and on and on. And when the U.S. leaves, the chaos will be such that what follows will be terrible as well.

Carrol

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64