[lbo-talk] Style and Politics, was RE: Libya

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:16:14 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> All our information, if you trace it back, has the hands of the U.S.
> government on it. We really don't know what the issues are in Libya.

I agree that we don't know what the issues are in Libya - but to me this bolsters the case for not dismissing out of hand the judgment of the rebels.

It's not true that all our information comes from the US government. See, for example, this Al Jazeera footage of the reception of the UN announcement the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jip9gXW4gDI

Mike