[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] The health benefits of atomic bombing

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 18:27:55 PDT 2011

On 24 mars 11, at 10:18, Marv Gandall wrote:

> The voluminous records — based in part on the free twice-a-year medical examinations that 83,050 registered Nagasaki survivors received

> The University of Nagasaki study, whose results were consistent with other studies done of the A-bomb survivors, found that high exposures to radiation kill while moderate exposures provide overall general health benefits.

Indeed. It provides free twice a year medical examinations and in the case of hibakusha I have no doubt that medication was also free.

Could that be a factor in the health level of the people who suffered from the atomic radiations ?

Have they compared with populations that have not suffered from radiations but benefited from similar health support?

Jean-Christophe Helary