[lbo-talk] Achcar's latest

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Mar 24 13:16:21 PDT 2011

On Mar 24, 2011, at 3:42 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:
> On 3/24/2011 12:21 PM, // ravi wrote:
>>
>> I think a lot of the discussion can be cut short if we can get people to accompany the high rhetoric of anti-imperialism and liberty with some cold hard cash. To that end, how much money are you willing to put towards the following outcomes (or their opposite outcomes): [snippage]
>
> I can't decide whether it's more gruesome to support this military intervention or engage in speculative betting about the outcome. Either way--yuck. I need a mental shower.

Based on your mentioning only two out of three, I think you just made your bet, my good friend. Nevertheless, I apologise for having introduced a yuck into your day. Let’s say I owe you a beer?

On Mar 24, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Shane Mage wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2011, at 3:21 PM, // ravi wrote:
>>
>> I think a lot of the discussion can be cut short if we can get people to accompany the high rhetoric of anti-imperialism and liberty with some cold hard cash. To that end, how much money are you willing to put towards the following outcomes (or their opposite outcomes):
>>
>> 1. Non-Arab ground forces will be deployed in large numbers: yes [$ ], no [$ ]
>
> What is a "large number?" The are 2,000 French Marines aboard the Charles de Gaulle.
> Are they just there on a Mediterranean missile cruise?

You are asking the wrong guy! I am in the camp here that doesn’t have all this worked out.

Shout out to Woj, whose messages I want to respond to!

—ravi