[lbo-talk] angryarab newsservice

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sat Mar 26 18:29:21 PDT 2011

You can detect various forms of bias in all my current favorite news sources AJE, RT, and France 24. They are just better at it than the US. So add Angryarab to the list. It's best to constantly cross check all these against each other

Angryarab seems pretty good the less extensive coverage of Jordan and Syria. I was just listening to and AJE Inside Story on Jordan. The political science prof was very good at sleasing out of direct questions.

What emerged from the other two guys was something that I believe, but have no way of knowing. Their charge was that Jordan's security forces and civilian government work in concert with the Israeli government and therefore are completely corrupted.

The way it works is to forment sectarian divisions in Syria and Jordan in order to stop various pro-democratic elements gaining a cohesive unity that could topple the regimes. Since this was used by the US in Iraq and Afghanistan, it makes perfect sense in Jordan and Syria....

CG