[lbo-talk] "Internet Use, Interpersonal Relations, and Sociability: A Time Diary Study"

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sun Mar 27 18:13:46 PDT 2011

> On Mar 27, 2011, at 2:19 PM, // ravi wrote:
>
>> Of course nobody on LBO wants to meet for dinner with me (thus far!) :-).
>> Might work better if I announce a date/time/place?

Ravi, stop this guilt trip---what are you, an Irish mother?. I'll be there as soon as you pay for my plane ticket. And I suspect Joanna and Dennis Claxton and half the posters on this list would be happy to attend under those conditions. I say a basement Chinese place where you can smoke and drink and yell, eat meat or vegetables or just munch on fortune cookies washed down with strong rice wine and do some gambling in the ally. Maybe all these places are gone in NYC...god I hope not.

In general I've met great people on LBO that I never would have known without this list, so stop your whinging.

As for list gossip, are Michael Pollak and Joseph Catrone really in Gaza? Boy, I want, I demand, a field report if that is true. We are talking solidarity not sociability...

Chuck