[lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: Kill Team

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Mar 28 09:23:05 PDT 2011

Kneejerk negative reaction to U.S. foreign policy can never go wrong. It never has; it never will. I see no reason to waste time studying alleged "facts" behind that policy in any given instance.

Again, I don't trust anyone on u.s. or EU foreign policy who hasn't read and absorbed Ellen Meiksins Wood's _Empire of Capital" and her concluding remarks on Endless War. I want to get around eventually to responding to Mike Beggs; his thoughtful post drew different conclusions from Wood -- which makes his argument at least an intellectually respectable argument for a leftist. But I think it's wrong.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of // ravi Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 9:51 AM To: LBO List Subject: [lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: Kill Team

For an idea of why it might be a good thing to oppose US/West intervention (as a knee-jerk reaction) in any Muslim/brown land, see: http://l.ravi.be/fkGHDu.

-ravi