[lbo-talk] Mediterranean revolts

Peter Fay peterrfay at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:34:00 PDT 2011

And, of course, the 'breadbasket' idea was resurrected a thousand years later when Italy became a state, as the 'Mare Nostrum' ('our sea'), and extended by Mussolini as Italty's 'spazio vitale', when Italy launched the pacification war against Omar Mukthar in Libya.

Today, I guess the Italians simply call it, Eni S.p.A.