[lbo-talk] what money will buy you

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:59:24 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Have you read Dean's book?

I read the last two chapters. Didn't really care to read much more. I thought it was uninteresting--turning Kevin Kelly on his head is not really that compelling to me--when it wasn't totalitarian. Something about Lacanian frameworks allow for an endless chasing of one's tail. I think it's way more interesting to spot the departures than endlessly recite the modes of capture (which are important, of course). But I suppose it works for her political thinking emphasis on transcendence.