[lbo-talk] Just wondering...

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:07:16 PDT 2011

That's a provocative thought. It's hard to dance to Monk, or Cecil Taylor, or Albert Ayler, or the Coltrane of "Ascension," but I wouldn't want be without those recordings. I suppose a really good dancer could cut a rug to Bird, but I wouldn't try it. Someone trying to dance to "Giant Steps" would look like he or she was being electrocuted, but I imagine it's been done.