[lbo-talk] Just wondering...

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 22:05:50 PDT 2011

Oh I know. He's supposed to have been Mr. Dance for a couple of generations. Neoclassical my ass. He's just making fun of the audience.

Apollo was good. Prodigal Son, OK. Both of those while he was still with Ballets Russes I think. But cold, so cold.

And after neoclassical sterility. You go home hungry.

He was an impotent charlatan, really. I mean think of the tradition he came out of: the richest vein of art in the 20th century, the Ballets Russes. And think what he did with that....I mean, think of Petroushka and Les Noces and Les Biches and Spectre de la Rose...he didn't take the next step, he foundered. But he foundered in the states where none were the wiser.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:49:50 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Just wondering...