[lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: Kill Team

Peter Fay peterrfay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:51:03 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Facts are important - but endless demand for more and more facts is a
> serious aid to capitalist oppression.
>
> There needs to be some sense of priority, of separating the relatively few
> facts needed from the infinite deluge of facts available.

*Emperor:* Well, I mean, occasionally it seems to have... How shall one say... How shall one say, Direktor? *Direktor:* Too many notes, Your Majesty? *Emperor:* Exactly! Very well put. Too many notes. *Mozart:* I don't understand. There are just as many notes, Your Majesty, as are required; neither more nor less. *Emperor:* My dear fellow, there are in fact only so many notes the ear can hear in the course of an evening. [hesitates] I think I'm right in saying that, aren't I, Court Composer? *Salieri:* Yes. Yes. On the whole. Yes, Your Majesty. * * -- Peter Fay http://theclearview.wordpress.com