[lbo-talk] Just P-P-Pondering...

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:31:29 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Charles Turner <vze26m98 at optonline.net>wrote:

> And what does music do? It turns right around and bites back. I think the
> operative terms for Rimsky, and Stravinsky even, wasn't choreographer, but
> ballet-master:
>
> "I'm done with my score, now have that danced for me, please!"
>
> Joan Peyser remarked that the richest composers of the 20th century were
> the ones that wrote for the ballet.
>
> C.

An argument commonly made in pop cultural studies circles is that, despite their differences, a major shared attraction of disco, punk and reggae '76-'79 was getting out of your nose bleed arena seats to a small, intimate, and shaking club to hit the floor, rub some bodies and sweat up a storm... no?