[lbo-talk] Obama got Osama

Joshua Morey amvojo at gmail.com
Mon May 2 10:51:38 PDT 2011

let's not forget that while a couple thousand idiots disturbingly pounded their chests in patriotic stupor last night and today, hundreds of thousands of idiots in the US (and millions across the world) celebrated solidarity, demanded rights, etc yesterday, from the largest cities to the smallest towns - immigrant workers, unions, working people of all stripes marching together ... not that you'd know from watching/listening to the news, and for good reason.

It seems to me that the American Idiocy thesis implies a corresponding thesis - that the preacher of such a thesis is exceptional and permitted to despair and mock rather than do anything about the hopeless state of the idiots (which Alan describes quite well).

I'm not sure that's the card that will cause the house to crumble.

Finally, thank you Dennis for capturing so eloquently what many of my friends and i have struggled to put to words.

Joshua