[lbo-talk] Obama got Osama

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 2 12:07:30 PDT 2011

On May 2, 2011, at 3:00 PM, Alan Rudy wrote:

> the aggregate level of human immiseration generated by capitalist
> technological "progress" is far higher than the net benefit to capitalist
> and professional classes

Really? You mean there were mass literacy and 80-year life expectancies back in 1600?

Isn't it safer to say we can do a lot better for many more people now than we are than it is to make an insupportable claim like this? And one of the reasons is that the social structure of capitalism inhibits the fruits of material progress from being distributed equitably?

Doug